White’s a winner for Saffron Striders
- Credit: Archant
Rebecca White of Saffron Striders was first woman home at the annual Harlow 10-mile road race.
White holds club records for 5k and half marathon distances and took the title in an impressive 1:08.12.
Clubmate and team captain Fiona Halls was second in 1:08.51, while Joe Halls was the first Striders man to finish in a new best of 1:11.32.
*Great Chesterford Bowls Club finished their Cambs & District League season in sparkling form with a run of five successive victories.
They defeated Gamlingay 7-0 in their penultimate outing, then saw off Division Two champions Isleham by a 6.5-0.5 margin.
You may also want to watch:
And that strong finish to the campaign enabled Great Chesterford to stave off the lingering threat of relegation and finish their season in eighth place.
The club will hope for more success when it holds its finals night in various singles competitions played over the course of the season tonight (Thursday).
- 1 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 4 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 7 New outreach Post Office for community
- 8 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 9 Mental health trust fined following 11 deaths
- 10 Walden Wombles hold their first litter pick