Youth football results
Youth football round up for the Saffron Walden and Stansted area
Goals from Harry Cooke, Oliver Manley, Harris Bremner Lambourn, Oskar Pluck, Ollie Ball, Harry Ball and Toby Spaxman secured a 7-2 win for Plantation Panthers over Elsenham.
Thaxted Rangers Blues saw off a resolute Great Notley team with a 2-0 away win, Mason Allington with a penalty for the first and Joseph Osborn with a smashing second.
Flitch Youth put five past Thaxted Rangers. Jacob Morgan with one before half time and another four in the second from Edward Gray (2), Jak Weston and Ben Lye.
You may also want to watch:
The Plantation Club had more success over the weekend, this time with their Pumas team beating Saffron Walden Town 5-2. Goals came from Matthew Thomas (3), Adam Whitehead and Alex Hall.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 7 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
Manuden JFC beat Broadhall Youth 2-0 thanks to an own goal and a Dane Elliot strike. Man of the match was Samuel Law.
Saffron Hawkes were on the wrong side of a 9-1 drubbing by Plantation despite taking the lead after 10 seconds. Plantation levelled and then took the lead with goals from Oliver Carter and Tom Pluck. In the second half the visitors took control and scored a further seven goals, through Carter, Jack Cornell, Thomas Smith (2), Jack Rowley and Liam Butt (2).
Manuden JFC came out in top in a seven goal thriller against Broadhall Youth. The home side netted four goals to three thanks to Lewis McDonald (2) and Jack Garrett (2).
Only won game survived the wet weather and Saffron Walden Town Youth came out on top with a 7-1 thrashing of Waterbeach Colts.
Baldock Town Knights lost three 3-2 to a spirited Manuden JFC side who were determined to get a fine away win. Harry Caulder, George Bland-Wells and man of the match Ali Griffiths all scoring.