Youth rugby results
Youth rugby round up - Twickenham beckons for school pupils
U15 - SAFFRON Walden County High pupils came back from Leicester Grammar School at the weekend with a 13-7 victory in the semi-finals of the Daily Mail Rugby Vase.
Having travelled to the midlands the previous evening to prepare, the squad faced their biggest test and came through with flying colours.
Dan Procter set up captain Ed Low for the first score. Ivan Karsten then converted a penalty. Despite a Leicester fight back Low secured the win with another try in the second half. A Twickenham final against Harrogate on Wednesday April 6 now beckons.
U14 - WALDEN were soundly beaten 32-14 by a more mature Huntingdon side after putting in a rusty performance.
You may also want to watch:
Poor tackling and a failure to display usually slick passing and running moves were mainly to blame – but there were tries for Jesper Walker and George Rains (pictured) and a conversion each for Walker and Josh Flack.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford