2011 Carnival line up is finalised with addition of The Comedy Store
THE events team have completed a 16-month quest to book the finest acts possible by bagging one final big name for the Saffron Walden carnival
THE events team have completed a 16-month quest to book the finest acts possible by bagging one final big name for the Saffron Walden carnival – The Comedy Store.
The 8day weekend kicks off on July 1 and 27 different acts will grace the main stage producing a diverse range of entertainment.
The Bavarian night, which made a successful comeback in 2008, returns once again on Tuesday July 5 with an Oompah band. On the same bill – three stand up comedians and a compere from The Comedy Store.
A round table spokesman said: “Attracting a huge brand such as The Comedy Store, that is known nationwide, has been a real coup.
You may also want to watch:
“Whilst the negotiations have taken time, we are delighted to bring together two very different acts to provide fantastic value for money and also the opportunity to experience something new.”
The Saffron Walden Carnival Caravan is having a makeover ready for the official opening for face-to-face ticket sales on Saturday May 28 from 10am.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Team Laptop launches to support children's learning
Tickets are also available at 8dayweekend.co.uk.