Fairies and twinkling lights at Audley End this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
The Enchanted Audley route will feature tunnels and pathways of twinkling lights.
The gardens at Audley End will be lit up with a special, after-dark trail this Christmas.
During the evenings Thursday to Sunday from today, (December 5) to December 22 and then Friday, December 27-30. The Enchanted Audley route will feature tunnels and pathways of twinkling lights.
There will be interactive "morse code" trees which visitors can light up at the touch of a button and a fairy light maze.
Hidden secrets will include trolls hiding under a bridge, a talking tree and friendly fairies, who have made their home among the illuminated trees.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a traditional fairground ride. Mulled wine and marshmallows to toast under the night sky will be on sale as well as Christmas gifts.
Trails at 4.30pm, 5.30pm, 6.30pm and 7.30pm. Tickets, Thursdays and Fridays, adults £12, children £7.50, family ticket (2+2) £31.60. Saturdays and Sundays adults £14, children £9.50, family ticket (2+2) £37.60. Book on www.english-heritage.org.uk.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford