Audley End apple festival is this weekend
- Credit: English Heritage
Audley End Apple Festival takes place this weekend (September 25 to 26).
They have 120 varieties of apples in the organic kitchen garden, and expert gardeners on hand to tell you everything you need to know about apples - from top tips to demonstrations.
Kitchen garden tours will be running, and fruit pruning demonstrations will share how gardeners prune and maintain the trained fruit trees.
Step back in time to meet Victorian Head Gardener, Mr Vert, who worked at Audley End.
He will share some of his extensive knowledge on some of the varieties of apples being grown in the garden.
You may also want to watch:
There are also traditional falconry demonstrations and live music performances.
The event at Audley End House and Gardens runs from 10am to 5pm on both days.
Tickets are available online in advance and in person on the day.
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 6 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 7 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers