Barbeque, refreshments and fun activities scheduled for village festival
- Credit: Saffron Photo
As lockdown restrictions gradually ease, plans are underway for this year's Elsenham village fete to be a chance to reunite the community.
There will be outdoors celebrations for residents, with a barbeque, refreshments and fun activities.
The event will take place on June 26 between 1-4pm. It will follow the government’s scheduled date to go back to normal on June 21.
Elaine Terry, fete committee member, said: “It’s about getting the community back together. People can’t wait to be involved.
“I think we will have a market, where our people can sell their crafts which they have been making in lockdown. Every year we have a clown come. We will be having circle dancing and kickboxing”.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be organised on the playing field in the centre of Elsenham, which is believed to help with social distancing.
Elaine said there will be no face painting or choir, “as a precaution”. She said the event will follow government guidelines.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 7 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 8 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 9 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 10 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
Entry costs 50p for adults and is free for children.
Last year's fete was cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.