Barbeque, refreshments and fun activities scheduled for village festival
- Credit: Saffron Photo
As lockdown restrictions gradually ease, plans are underway for this year's Elsenham village fete to be a chance to reunite the community.
There will be outdoors celebrations for residents, with a barbeque, refreshments and fun activities.
The event will take place on June 26 between 1-4pm. It will follow the government’s scheduled date to go back to normal on June 21.
Elaine Terry, fete committee member, said: “It’s about getting the community back together. People can’t wait to be involved.
“I think we will have a market, where our people can sell their crafts which they have been making in lockdown. Every year we have a clown come. We will be having circle dancing and kickboxing”.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be organised on the playing field in the centre of Elsenham, which is believed to help with social distancing.
Elaine said there will be no face painting or choir, “as a precaution”. She said the event will follow government guidelines.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Saffron Striders doing their bit for charity as racing returns
- 10 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
Entry costs 50p for adults and is free for children.
Last year's fete was cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.