In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- Credit: Saffron Photo
A community fun day on The Common, Saffron Walden, has raised around £1,000 to support families.
Olaf and Elsa from Frozen were in attendance, alongside stalls, food trucks, live music performances and fun inflatables on Saturday (July 31).
It was organised by Saffron Walden's Hope Community Hub and New Life Church.
Claire Ross said: "It went really well. People really enjoyed it.
"We raised about £1,000 which is fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
"It started raining about 4.05pm as we had just finished!"
The money raised will help with a variety of projects including the Make Lunch scheme. Now the Covid-19 pandemic rules have relaxed, they have been able to hold their first event for a while at the Hub, providing a cooked meal and socialising time for families.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 5 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 6 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 7 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 8 Essex newspapers are 'highly commended'
- 9 Audley End apple festival is this weekend
- 10 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
Another five of these sessions are planned during the school holidays.
There are also plans for a dementia cafe and a youth group.
Claire said her family has been supported, and she wants to give something back to others.