'Bring your own chair' to Walden's Dance in Square
- Credit: Saffron Photo
People attending this Saturday's Dance in the Square are being asked to bring their own seating.
The organisers Saffron Walden Initiative have not been able to hire the usual quota of plastic chairs.
They are also asking attendees to please leave pets at home, and not to arrive before 7pm.
The free event runs from 7.45pm to 10.30pm and includes a food festival and a bar.
Miss Disco are the headline act, supported by Moonshine Coyote.
Organiser Jacqui Portway said: “After the disappointment of having to cancel the Dance last year because of the pandemic, the Initiative is looking forward to putting on a great evening of music and dancing this year.
"We are asking the public to use their common sense about being Covid safe."
- 1 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 2 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 3 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 4 Saffron Striders impress, Thompson strikes gold
- 5 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 6 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 7 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
The Dance in the Square is being supported by Frank Riccio Hairdressing, InXpress Cambridge, Saffron Building Society, Saffron Walden Town Council, Stansted Airport Passenger Community Fund and Uttlesford District Council.