'Bring your own chair' to Walden's Dance in Square
- Credit: Saffron Photo
People attending this Saturday's Dance in the Square are being asked to bring their own seating.
The organisers Saffron Walden Initiative have not been able to hire the usual quota of plastic chairs.
They are also asking attendees to please leave pets at home, and not to arrive before 7pm.
The free event runs from 7.45pm to 10.30pm and includes a food festival and a bar.
Miss Disco are the headline act, supported by Moonshine Coyote.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Jacqui Portway said: “After the disappointment of having to cancel the Dance last year because of the pandemic, the Initiative is looking forward to putting on a great evening of music and dancing this year.
"We are asking the public to use their common sense about being Covid safe."
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 7 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 10 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
The Dance in the Square is being supported by Frank Riccio Hairdressing, InXpress Cambridge, Saffron Building Society, Saffron Walden Town Council, Stansted Airport Passenger Community Fund and Uttlesford District Council.