Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- Credit: Saffron Photo
Victorian costumed participants brought 1881 into focus during three days of events at Audley End House and Gardens.
Side-saddle riders and cavalrymen leapt and galloped across the grounds for the Victorian Gymkhana Games, cheered on by the crowd at the Riverside Arena.
The Victorian Cavalry showed off an impressive range of skills and tactics.
And birds of prey soared through the air above the Picnic Lawn before landing on the gloved hand of a falconer.
Participants learned more about the horses in the Stable Yard, saw how military horses were made ready in full military kit, and chatted to the groom, saddler and wheelwright.
Later this month on September 25-26, Audley End House and Gardens is hosting an Apple Festival.
You may also want to watch:
There are over 150 apple varieties in their kitchen garden. There will be tours, demonstrations and live music.
In pictures: The 2021 Victorian Horses at Audley End event
- 1 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 2 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 3 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 4 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 5 Essex newspapers are 'highly commended'
- 6 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 7 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 Audley End apple festival is this weekend
- 10 Winter wonderland coming to Cambridge as The North Pole ice rink returns