Visit Essex launches the Great Days Out, Close To Home campaign
- Credit: Visit Essex
Visit Essex has launched a county-wide campaign to encourage people to support local businesses, hospitality venues and popular attractions.
The Great Days Out, Close to Home campaign encourages people to discover and visit the many hidden gems and attractions on their doorsteps.
Businesses and hospitality venues are open as usual as long as customers are from a single household when meeting indoors, while up to six people are permitted outdoors.
Many businesses and attractions have met the We’re Good to Go industry standard and are adhering to government and public health guidance.
Lisa Bone, Visit Essex Strategic Tourism Manager, said: “In a bid to help the tourist industry - which prior to the Covid-19 pandemic was worth £3.5 billion to the Essex economy - and the county’s businesses, we want to see people explore, experience and enjoy everything the county has to offer this autumn and winter.”
You may also want to watch:
Find suggestions at www.visitessex.com
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Stansted teachers offered lockdown yoga