In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- Credit: © Celia Bartlett Photography
This year's Fête de la Musique, which was held in Saffron Walden on Sunday (June 20), has been hailed a great success.
There was free live music in nine venues across the town, spanning a great variety of genres, from rock to classical, folk to jazz, with groups, bands and choirs.
Familiar names Joanna Eden, The Hooligans, Sheri Kershaw, James White, and Tennessee Twin were joined by several groups performing at the Fête for the first time.
The day was supported by 13 food stalls, lots of volunteers, and two puppet shows.
The Fête team said: "We were delighted to see the enjoyment from musicians and audience alike, and relieved that the rain held off.
You may also want to watch:
"The Fête is very much a community effort involving musicians, stewards, sound crew, local businesses and organisations and many others.
"We’d like to thank everyone for contributing generously and coming along to enjoy the day, and we look forward to the next one in three years’ time!"
- 1 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 2 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 3 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 4 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 10 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces