Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- Credit: Neil Spence Photography
Dunmow's MasterChef: The Professionals winner Alex Webb - also known as Chef Webb - has a new recipe for you to try at home this week during lockdown.
It's for spiced rubbed baked cod with a bean cassoulet and spinach.
Remember to let him know how you get on once you've made it. He is @chefwebb1 on social media. Share some pictures of your dish, so he can pick a favourite.
If you missed his previous recipe for last week's recipe, Buttermilk fried chicken with a grilled sesame asparagus salad, it's here.
There will be further recipes in the weeks ahead.
This week's recipe:
Spiced Rubbed Baked Cod, with a bean cassoulet and spinach
For the cod:
Cod fillet skin off x2
Garlic 1 clove
olive oil, drizzle
Cumin 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
Ground coriander 1/2 teaspoon
Take your onion and garlic, slice roughly and place in a heavy baking tray, drizzle with some oil. Take your spices and mix together with a little olive oil and the salt and pepper.
Rub all over your cod and then place on top of the onions and garlic.
Cut your lemon in half and squeeze over the cod and onions and then place the lemon halves on the tray as well.
Cover with foil and cook on 180c for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size but keep checking.
- 1 Essex A-level results 2022: Students celebrate grades
- 2 Essex fire crews tackle around 70 incidents in three-hour window after rain
- 3 Celebrity MasterChef 2022: Saffron Walden's Cliff Parisi battles Chris Eubank in kitchen contest
- 4 Newport man vows to protect river after round the world sailing trip
- 5 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 6 IN PICTURES: Sir Tom Jones' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 7 MP welcomes increase in police officers across Essex
- 8 Dance in the Square heading to Saffron Walden
- 9 Mischief Theatre's The Play That Goes Wrong will have you crying with laughter
- 10 Busy Peasgood picks up medals at home and abroad
For the bean cassoulet
Butter beans 1x tin
Chickpeas 1x tin
Fennel x 1 or if it's big then 1/2
Spinach 1 bag of baby leaves
Veg stock or fish or cube x1 and 250ml water
Fresh parsley x1 bunch
Dice the onion, carrot, garlic and fennel as fine as you can or to almost the same size as the beans.
Drain your butterbeans and chickpeas off well with water.
Once the veg is diced, cook on a medium heat with some oil in the pan.
Once the veg has soften up add your beans and mix well.
Add your spinach at this point and also your veg stock of 250ml.
Keep on a medium heat and add your butter. You want the butter to almost make it creamy.
Once it’s hot and mixed well add your lemon zest and juice, and chop your parsley fine and mix well.
Place your bean cassoulet in a bowl and then your baked cod on top!