Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- Credit: Neil Spence Photography
MasterChef: The Professionals winner Alex Webb of Great Dunmow has another tasty recipe for you to try.
And remember, if you make the recipe, share your thoughts and pictures with him via social media - he is Chef Webb and his handle is @chefwebb1
Over to Alex:
So this week I am going for a roasted chicken supreme stuffed with a herb butter and a chorizo pearl barley risotto
Recipe for two
Ingredients for the chicken supremes
Two chicken breasts
Fresh herbs, chives, parsley, 100g each
Garlic peeled 1 clove
You may also want to watch:
Ingredients for Chorizo and pearl barley risotto
1 onion slice and diced
1 garlic clove peeled and chopped
300g pearl barley
1 litre of chicken stock from cube or fresh
50g chopped parsley
First take out the 200g of butter to soften
For the risotto
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 9 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo for 3-4 mins until it turns golden. Remove and set aside.
Add the onion and garlic to the pan, and cook for 3-4 mins, then add the pearl barley and stir well and the chicken stock.
Bring to the boil, then turn down to a low simmer and cook for 25 -30 mins, or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the pearl barley is soft. You can add a little water if you feel it needs it.
Now moving on to prepare the chicken, take your butter out and put it into a bowl. It should be soft but if not, you can soften in the microwave. Add your chopped herbs, garlic, salt and mix well.
Take your chicken and lift the skin almost all the way on one side and slide your butter in and close the skin up, season the outside of the chicken, place in a baking tray and into a 180c oven for around 25-30 mins then get on to the risotto.
Add the butter to the risotto while its hot so it goes nice and creamy
Then add your crispy chorizo and fresh parsley place it next to your chicken breast.
Other Chef Webb recipes