Snowdrops and spring plants for National Garden Scheme open day
- Credit: supplied
There's an opportunity to admire snowdrops, crocuses, daffodils and winter plants in a Saffron Walden garden on Sunday (February 21).
Grove Lodge at Chater's Hill is taking part in the National Garden Scheme's open day from 2pm to 5pm, fundraising for national charities. Tickets must be pre-booked and no refreshments are possible at the moment. The garden will also be open on Monday, May 3.
At this time of year the NGS normally has the Snowdrop Festival. Because of the coronavirus pandemic, a number of restrictions and changes are in place.
All visits must be booked online via the NGS website at https://ngs.org.uk/february-openings-2021/
The gardens taking part in the open day are open to visitors for exercise in their local area.
You may also want to watch:
The NGS website also has the opportunity for virtual garden visits from home, with over 180 gardens to visit online, ranging from suburban gardens to historic gardens across the country.
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal