Snowdrops and spring plants for National Garden Scheme open day
- Credit: supplied
There's an opportunity to admire snowdrops, crocuses, daffodils and winter plants in a Saffron Walden garden on Sunday (February 21).
Grove Lodge at Chater's Hill is taking part in the National Garden Scheme's open day from 2pm to 5pm, fundraising for national charities. Tickets must be pre-booked and no refreshments are possible at the moment. The garden will also be open on Monday, May 3.
At this time of year the NGS normally has the Snowdrop Festival. Because of the coronavirus pandemic, a number of restrictions and changes are in place.
All visits must be booked online via the NGS website at https://ngs.org.uk/february-openings-2021/
The gardens taking part in the open day are open to visitors for exercise in their local area.
You may also want to watch:
The NGS website also has the opportunity for virtual garden visits from home, with over 180 gardens to visit online, ranging from suburban gardens to historic gardens across the country.
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 3 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 4 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 5 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 6 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 9 Telephone exchange fetches nearly £100,000 at auction
- 10 Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors