Guest band announced for 11th Dance in the Square event in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
SAFFRON Walden will be tapping to the music of a dynamic party band at a popular annual event next week.
Mind the Gap will be the guest band for the 11th free Dance in the Square on Bank Holiday Saturday (August 24),
The event, organised by the Saffron Walden Initiative, starts at 7.45pm and runs until 10.30pm. Some tables and chairs will be provided and there will be a hog roast from the Giggly Pig, a drinks stall from the King’s Arms and coffee from Nigel Sault Mobile Coffee.
Mind The Gap’s music is renowned for getting people dancing with their mix of soul, funk, pop and rock. The band is made up of local professional musicians – Dan Reavey (keyboards), Tom Reavey (drums), Dan Boutwood (guitar), Jim Free (sax and vocals), Marke Colah (bass guitar and vocals) and Sue Darwar (vocals).
They perform at events all over the UK and abroad and are constantly in demand for top corporate events, parties, charity balls and cruise ships.
You may also want to watch:
Also on the night will be a special guest appearance from Tom’s daughter Charlotte Reavey.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 4 Stations benefit from funding
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 9 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings