Museum Shop Sunday comes to Saffron Walden this weekend
- Credit: Will Durrant/Archant/Anna McCarthy
Museum Shop Sunday is coming to Saffron Walden this weekend.
Saffron Walden Museum will take part in the event on Sunday, November 28, which will follow on from Black Friday sales this week.
To mark the international event, Saffron Walden Museum will promote its sustainable and "unique" gift products.
From 2pm until 4.30pm, author and internationally renowned museum designer Rachel Morris will be in the building to talk about Creating a Museum from Your Own Life.
Rachel, originally from Newport, has worked on projects at the British Museum, Imperial War Museum and the Guggenheim in Bilbao, Spain.
Signed copies of her book, The Museum Makers, will be on sale.
A museum spokesperson said: "We will be taking part in Museum Shop Sunday.
- 1 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 2 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 3 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 5 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 6 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 7 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 8 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
- 9 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
- 10 Sir Tom Jones, Simple Minds, Elbow and the Bootleg Beatles to headline four nights of concerts at Audley End
"Museums' unique shops and products play a vital role in helping arts, culture and heritage attractions to survive and thrive."
The event is free, but normal museum admission fees will apply.