Open Studios in Essex will go virtual this year
- Credit: Archant
Artists Open Studios will go virtual this year
This year’s Open Studios, will be virtual.
Over the past decade, a typical July and August has over 160 art trails and exhibitions, often opening up the artist’s own homes.
With over 50 Essex artists involved, this year will range from visual art to sculpture and jewellery.
Virtual visitors can explore the collections on the Explore Essex website, seeing landscapes, still life, and some lockdown inspired pieces.
You may also want to watch:
The artworks can even bought from the artists.
Councillor Susan Barker, Essex County Council cabinet member for culture, said: “Due to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis, art trails and open studios will not be taking place during 2020.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
“Because of this we decided to launch the inaugural Essex Summer of Art Virtual Gallery so we can continue to promote and support the county’s talented artists.”