Big Weekend at Home 2020 to be broadcast as a virtual festival because of coronavirus restrictions instead of the annual event on Parker’s Piece in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge’s Big Weekend goes live on radio - Friday and Saturday, July 3 and 4
This year’s Big Weekend, an annual festival of live music on Parker’s Piece in Cambridge will be virtual.
The Big Weekend at Home 2020, on Friday. July and Saturday, July 4 will bring together artists and shows from radio stations Star Radio, BBC Cambridgeshire and Cambridge 105 Radio.
A free event, the Big Weekend traditionally includes big-name performers plus local musicians, a French market, games and fireworks with the final day dedicated to a Mela celebrating the city’s Asian community.
This year’s broadcast will feature a livestream of performances by Cambridge artists and community groups.
You may also want to watch:
Longtime media partners Star Radio, BBC Cambridgeshire and Cambridge 105 Radio will put their touch on the weekend’s activities with Big Weekend related shows. Star Radio will be first out of the gate on Friday July 3 as they traditionally host the Main Stage each year.
For updates, see: cambridgelive.org.uk/city-events or follow facebook.com/cambridgeliveevents.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Share your views: Should Freedom Day on June 21 go ahead?
- 7 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 8 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues