Big Weekend at Home 2020 to be broadcast as a virtual festival because of coronavirus restrictions instead of the annual event on Parker’s Piece in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge’s Big Weekend goes live on radio - Friday and Saturday, July 3 and 4
This year’s Big Weekend, an annual festival of live music on Parker’s Piece in Cambridge will be virtual.
The Big Weekend at Home 2020, on Friday. July and Saturday, July 4 will bring together artists and shows from radio stations Star Radio, BBC Cambridgeshire and Cambridge 105 Radio.
A free event, the Big Weekend traditionally includes big-name performers plus local musicians, a French market, games and fireworks with the final day dedicated to a Mela celebrating the city’s Asian community.
This year’s broadcast will feature a livestream of performances by Cambridge artists and community groups.
You may also want to watch:
Longtime media partners Star Radio, BBC Cambridgeshire and Cambridge 105 Radio will put their touch on the weekend’s activities with Big Weekend related shows. Star Radio will be first out of the gate on Friday July 3 as they traditionally host the Main Stage each year.
For updates, see: cambridgelive.org.uk/city-events or follow facebook.com/cambridgeliveevents.
- 1 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 2 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 3 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 4 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 10 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces