Renowned film director Tony Palmer at Saffron Screen
INTERNATIONALLY renowned film director Tony Palmer will be introducing his film Bird on a Wire to an audience at Saffron Screen on Monday (January 17) at 8pm.
Palmer has directed hundreds of documentaries about many musicians ranging from The Beatles and Cream to Maria Callas and Benjamin Britten.
He is currently working on a film about Holst, some of which was filmed in Thaxted.
Bird On A Wire is a superb documentary about Leonard Cohen’s 1972 European tour. The footage was thought to be lost until it turned up in old film cans and was painstakingly restored by Palmer.
A fascinating insight into life on tour with, of course, Cohen’s mesmerising music – a treat for lovers of music and of documentaries.
You may also want to watch:
Daytime tickets: Adults �6.20, Adult Concession �4.20, 18 & Under �3.60
Evening tickets: Adults �6.20, Adult Concession �5.20, 18 & Under �4.60
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
Tickets and listings for all films are available online at saffronscreen.com, from the Tourist Information Centre in Saffron Walden, or at the Box Office.
Saffron Screen is a not-for-profit, independent cinema operating at Saffron Walden County High School with cinema seating, a full size screen and Dolby Digital surround sound.