Richard Herring brings his podcast to Cambridge Corn Exchange on November 8
- Credit: Archant
Herring is taking his show on the road so he can tell the bits too libelous to broadcast.
Comedian Richard Herring is taking his podcast on the road so audiences can hear the pieces that he says are too libelous and controversial to be broadcast.
The show reaches Cambridge Corn Exchange on Friday, November 8. Herring's interview podcast is usually recorded at the Leicester Square Theatre in London's West End. He is known as a pioneer of the genre and now it's going on tour.
Now aged 52, his initial venture into comedy was as a duo with Stewart Lee (they met at Oxford).
Their act was called Lee and Herring.
You may also want to watch:
After the pair went their separate ways Herring wrote plays and co-wrote the sitcom Time Gentlemen Please. Herring has created stand-up shows since 2004, he has appeared 11 years running at the Edinburgh Fringe.
He won the Bronze Award for Best Comedy at the 2013 Sony Radio Academy Awards and the Chortle Internet Award 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2018.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 7 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
7.30pm Tickets, £20 from 01223 357851 or www.cornex.co.uk.