Richard Herring brings his podcast to Cambridge Corn Exchange on November 8
- Credit: Archant
Herring is taking his show on the road so he can tell the bits too libelous to broadcast.
Comedian Richard Herring is taking his podcast on the road so audiences can hear the pieces that he says are too libelous and controversial to be broadcast.
The show reaches Cambridge Corn Exchange on Friday, November 8. Herring's interview podcast is usually recorded at the Leicester Square Theatre in London's West End. He is known as a pioneer of the genre and now it's going on tour.
Now aged 52, his initial venture into comedy was as a duo with Stewart Lee (they met at Oxford).
Their act was called Lee and Herring.
You may also want to watch:
After the pair went their separate ways Herring wrote plays and co-wrote the sitcom Time Gentlemen Please. Herring has created stand-up shows since 2004, he has appeared 11 years running at the Edinburgh Fringe.
He won the Bronze Award for Best Comedy at the 2013 Sony Radio Academy Awards and the Chortle Internet Award 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2018.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 3 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 4 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 5 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 6 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 7 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 8 Audley End apple festival is this weekend
- 9 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 10 Winter wonderland coming to Cambridge as The North Pole ice rink returns
7.30pm Tickets, £20 from 01223 357851 or www.cornex.co.uk.