Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra to play Holst, Prokofiev and Sibelius at Saffron Hall
- Credit: Archant
Holst’s Egdon Heath opens the concert before Redington of the Doric String Quartet joins the orchestra for Prokofiev’s Violin Concerto No.2. The concert ends with Sibelius’ Symphony No.2.
Holst, Prokofiev and Sibelius will be played by Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra at Saffron Hall on Sunday afternoon, November 17, conducted by Richard Hull with Alex Redington on the violin.
Holst's Egdon Heath opens the concert before Redington of the Doric String Quartet joins the orchestra for Prokofiev's Violin Concerto No.2. The concert ends with Sibelius' Symphony No.2.
Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra (SWSO) is a community orchestra formed of both professional and amateur players, including music teachers based in and around Saffron Walden, across the district of Uttlesford.
It began as Uttlesford Orchestra, founded in the 1950s by George Barker MBE, primarily to play for Cambridge Opera in presenting public performances for charity in various country houses and elsewhere in the region.
You may also want to watch:
The Saffron Walden Orchestral Society also oversees the Saffron Walden Children's Orchestra (SWCO).
3pm. Tickets, £15-£18 or £3 for people under 18 from 0845 548 7650 or saffronhall.com or Saffron Walden Tourist Information in the Market Square 01799 524002.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled