The Lock In Christmas Carol at Cambridge Junction on December 18
- Credit: Archant
Half gig, half dance show and half panto (yes an extra half for Christmas) musicians and dancers present The Lock In Christmas Carol at Cambridge Junction on Wednesday, December 18.
Half gig, half dance show and half panto (yes three halves - an extra one for Christmas) a BBC award-winning team of musicians and dancers present The Lock In Christmas Carol at Cambridge Junction on Wednesday, December 18.
It's Christmas Eve and the regulars of Ye Olde Fighting Cocks are excited about the night ahead, it's going to be the Folk and Hip Hop party of the year.
To their dismay, the landlady, Jasmineezer Scrooge, has more profitable ambitions and is preparing to launch her new business, Jazzles nightclub. Cheap alco-pops, seedy lighting and mind-numbing bass beats are all in danger of alienating the local community and ruining Christmas. Fortunately, some insightful souls are at hand to lead her back to her senses.
With "folk powerhouse" The Demon Barbers and artists from the Breaking Tradition Dance Company, we are told the audience will be sent home smiling.
You may also want to watch:
Doors 7pm. Seated show 8pm. Toclets. £18.50 from 01223 511511 or junction.co.uk.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 7 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100