The Lock In Christmas Carol at Cambridge Junction on December 18
- Credit: Archant
Half gig, half dance show and half panto (yes an extra half for Christmas) musicians and dancers present The Lock In Christmas Carol at Cambridge Junction on Wednesday, December 18.
Half gig, half dance show and half panto (yes three halves - an extra one for Christmas) a BBC award-winning team of musicians and dancers present The Lock In Christmas Carol at Cambridge Junction on Wednesday, December 18.
It's Christmas Eve and the regulars of Ye Olde Fighting Cocks are excited about the night ahead, it's going to be the Folk and Hip Hop party of the year.
To their dismay, the landlady, Jasmineezer Scrooge, has more profitable ambitions and is preparing to launch her new business, Jazzles nightclub. Cheap alco-pops, seedy lighting and mind-numbing bass beats are all in danger of alienating the local community and ruining Christmas. Fortunately, some insightful souls are at hand to lead her back to her senses.
With "folk powerhouse" The Demon Barbers and artists from the Breaking Tradition Dance Company, we are told the audience will be sent home smiling.
You may also want to watch:
Doors 7pm. Seated show 8pm. Toclets. £18.50 from 01223 511511 or junction.co.uk.
- 1 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 2 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 3 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 4 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 5 Essex newspapers are 'highly commended'
- 6 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 7 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 Audley End apple festival is this weekend
- 10 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings