Tchaikovsky’s ballet, The Nutcracker to be reimagined at Saffron Hall
- Credit: Mark Allan
A pianist, a ballerina and a digital cast projected onto a screen tell the story of The Nutcracker
The show The Nutcracker and I with a pianist and a ballerina will be at Saffron Hall on December 21 and 22.
The family event has Alexandra Dariescu playing the music and dancer Desiree Ballantyne exploring the ballet by Tchaikovsky.
The piece uses state of the art digital effects to retell the seasonal classic in a way, they say, it has never been told before.
While the story is danced, a cast of projected images on a guaze screen will accompany the single dancer.
You may also want to watch:
The 50-minute performance premiered in December 2017 in London and then toured reaching China, the US, Australia and the Middle East.
Alexandra tells her story as Clara: from a little girl to concert pianist.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 10 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
On stage, Dariescu is at the piano joined by the ballerina behind a see-through gauze screen, while hand drawn digital animations are projected onto the gauze, bringing the story to life.
Age guidance four years. At 4pm on December 21, then 11am and 2pm on December 22. Tickets, £16-£21 from saffronhall.com or 0845 548 7650 or Tourist Information 01799 524002.