Two Saffron Walden bands, Mortal Tides and Too Cool Kid, to headline Junkyard Festival in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Two Saffron Walden indie bands are headlinging Cambridge’s Junkyard Festival on Saturday (August 22). Indie-rock act Too Cool Kid, fronted by Jay Plent will close the event and indie folk band Mortal Tides will play as the festival’s penultimate act.
Too Cool Kid won the festival’s unsigned band competition and Mortal Tides were the runners up.
The festival will take place at The Cambridge Junction, and will feature music, arts, poetry and food.
Both bands have been applauded and lauded. They both received appreciative audiences at Saffron Walden’s Fete De La Musique. Too Cool Kid has been hailed as “fantastic” by various music blogs, and played avidly on Cambridgeshire radio stations.
This summer, Mortal Tides have played festivals including The Secret Garden Party and Blissfields.
You may also want to watch:
The Junkyard Festival is from 4pm until late. Entry on the door is £10, but the bands will have discounted tickets available for a limited time.
For more information, check out the Facebook event, or log onto the social media sites of the acts. Search: JUNKYARD FESTIVAL CAMBRIDGE https://www.facebook.com/events/1881010198790930/
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe