Alan Bennett’s The Wind in the Willows at the ADC Theatre Cambridge December 10 to 14
- Credit: Archant
Alan Bennett’s version of The Wind in the Willows will be on stage at the ADC Theatre, Cambridge from December 10 to 14.
Alan Bennett's version of The Wind in the Willows will be on stage at the ADC Theatre, Cambridge from December 10 to 14.
Presented by the highly regarded "Camdram" amateur company Bawds, the play, based on Kenneth Grahame's book, was first performed at the National Theatre.
The endearing characters of Mole, Rat, Toad and Badger are joined by their woodland friends as they accompany Toad on his misadventures in caravans, cars, boats and trains. First written in 1908, the book has often been adapted for the stage with the hapless motorist Toad as the central character, as Toad of Toad hall.
The Wild Wood is an ever present threat, as is the sinister gang that inhabits that world.
You may also want to watch:
Family show, 7.45pm with Saturday matinee at 2.30pm. Tickets, Tuesday, £12/£9, Wednesday/Thursday, £14/£11, Friday/Saturday, £15/£12 from 01223 300085 or adctheatre.com.
The ADC Theatre, Cambridge University's student theatre is in Park Street, Cambridge CB5 8AS.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 7 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 8 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 9 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 10 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes