Works by composer Gordon Jacob to be performed as part of Thaxted Festival
THE work of celebrated composer Gordon Jacob will be recognised during a concert in Thaxted on Sunday (June 23).
Jacob, one-time president of Saffron Walden & District Music Club, was honoured at the weekend when a blue plaque marking his name was unveiled at his Saffron Walden home by his widow Margaret.
Now his work is set to be showcased during this season’s series of concerts at the Thaxted Festival.
Under the title ‘The Riches of British Music’, the London Conchord Ensemble will be playing his Oboe Quartet – which Jacob considered to be one of his best chamber works.
The concert, starting at 7pm in the town church, also includes music by Purcell, Ireland with Elgar’s Piano Quintet.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, from £11 to £23, are available from the Thaxted Festival office on 01371 831421, or by e-mail email@example.com.
Further information about the festival is available on the website, thaxtedfestival.org.uk
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 7 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 8 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 9 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley