Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- Credit: Celia Bartlett Photography
Members of the community came together to help with Walden's Big Clean Up Day ahead of businesses reopening as Covid restrictions eased.
Louise Scutt-Richter, Saffron Walden BID Manager said: "A huge ‘thank you’ from the SWBID team to everyone who came down to the town centre to help.
"Over 50 people helped through the day to litter pick, weed, scrub and clean.
"Residents, county and town councillors, town council officers, and many business owners as well as Waitrose volunteers all came out to get the town ready for the businesses reopening this week.
"We were delighted to see such strong support in the community for our local businesses."
Businesses have been happy to re-open as lockdown eases, with customers venturing out for "non-essential" shopping once more, hairdressers and nail salons reopening, along with gyms for individual and household group use, libraries and community centres.
The lockdown map is set to ease again on May 17 and June 21.
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 3 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 6 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 7 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 8 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 9 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 10 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack