Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- Credit: Celia Bartlett Photography
Members of the community came together to help with Walden's Big Clean Up Day ahead of businesses reopening as Covid restrictions eased.
Louise Scutt-Richter, Saffron Walden BID Manager said: "A huge ‘thank you’ from the SWBID team to everyone who came down to the town centre to help.
"Over 50 people helped through the day to litter pick, weed, scrub and clean.
"Residents, county and town councillors, town council officers, and many business owners as well as Waitrose volunteers all came out to get the town ready for the businesses reopening this week.
"We were delighted to see such strong support in the community for our local businesses."
You may also want to watch:
Businesses have been happy to re-open as lockdown eases, with customers venturing out for "non-essential" shopping once more, hairdressers and nail salons reopening, along with gyms for individual and household group use, libraries and community centres.
The lockdown map is set to ease again on May 17 and June 21.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 3 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 10 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down