Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- Credit: Celia Bartlett Photography
Members of the community came together to help with Walden's Big Clean Up Day ahead of businesses reopening as Covid restrictions eased.
Louise Scutt-Richter, Saffron Walden BID Manager said: "A huge ‘thank you’ from the SWBID team to everyone who came down to the town centre to help.
"Over 50 people helped through the day to litter pick, weed, scrub and clean.
"Residents, county and town councillors, town council officers, and many business owners as well as Waitrose volunteers all came out to get the town ready for the businesses reopening this week.
"We were delighted to see such strong support in the community for our local businesses."
You may also want to watch:
Businesses have been happy to re-open as lockdown eases, with customers venturing out for "non-essential" shopping once more, hairdressers and nail salons reopening, along with gyms for individual and household group use, libraries and community centres.
The lockdown map is set to ease again on May 17 and June 21.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 9 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 10 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex