Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- Credit: Celia Bartlett Photography
Members of the community came together to help with Walden's Big Clean Up Day ahead of businesses reopening as Covid restrictions eased.
Louise Scutt-Richter, Saffron Walden BID Manager said: "A huge ‘thank you’ from the SWBID team to everyone who came down to the town centre to help.
"Over 50 people helped through the day to litter pick, weed, scrub and clean.
"Residents, county and town councillors, town council officers, and many business owners as well as Waitrose volunteers all came out to get the town ready for the businesses reopening this week.
"We were delighted to see such strong support in the community for our local businesses."
Businesses have been happy to re-open as lockdown eases, with customers venturing out for "non-essential" shopping once more, hairdressers and nail salons reopening, along with gyms for individual and household group use, libraries and community centres.
The lockdown map is set to ease again on May 17 and June 21.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 7 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally